Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Wedding projects part 2



The next project I tackled was corsages for our moms & grandmas. I looked at lots of pictures online to try to get inspiration, but ultimately decided to just do one big flower in the same style that I make for pins, just bigger.
Everyone said that they wanted a wrist corsage, so I had to find a base. Fortunately, I know the awesome people over at Market Blooms at the North Market here in Columbus. They were kind enough to let me look through a florist catalog and find some fabulous 'pearl' bracelet bases! (I had no idea that there were so many options - I thought I'd end up with an elastic band, like I got for prom.)



I made all of them in one of the purples that I used for my bouquet, with just a little sparkle in the center. I used green ribbon to create some leaves - I didn't want the corsages to be to hot!
I also added some of the lily-of-the-valley to the moms corsages. I'm so happy with the way they turned out!



No comments: